Venture Education Academic Guardianship Programme
Are you a dedicated, enthusiastic, empathetic and caring foreigner currently living in Beijing? Would you like to have a genuinely positive impact on young people and engage in something really fulfilling with only a modest time commitment? If so, you should seriously think about joining our Academic Guardianship team!
We connect young people with mentors who can guide them towards the pathways they need to create the future they want, and are passionate about assisting them to achieve their goals.
Being a part of this programme is amazing – it’s a real chance to make a difference to your mentee’s life. Talking to my mentee is one of the highlights of the week and is a time we can discuss how they can develop whilst on their journey to university and beyond. It really feels like the two of you are a team trying to achieve great things - it's awesome!
- Academic Guardianship Mentor
Successful applicants will join a team of mentors who empower and support young people to explore, set, and pursue their goals in the following seven dimensions: academics, personal growth, health, social development, community, passions, and language development. With time, you will gain a deep understanding of your mentees’ goals and aspirations and will guide them to achieve these.
• regular mentoring sessions – usually one hour/per week/per mentee
• providing high-quality and thoughtful support and guidance
• creating and maintaining up-to-date documentation
• attending meetings, trainings and social events
• 1600-2400 RMB per mentee per month depending on experience and qualifications
• although this rate is calculated from a competitive hourly rate, this will also include commitments outside contact hours, including record keeping, monthly mentor training, occasional social events and quarterly family meetings.
• based in Beijing
• bachelor’s degree or above
• experience teaching, tutoring, coaching, or counselling (any type of teaching/coaching/mentoring certificate is a plus)
• experience working with or caring for children and young people
• a willingness to form and maintain long-term relationships with the mentees
• excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
If you would like to commit some of your time to engage in really rewarding and impactful activities that can possibly change young people’s lives, or set up a conversation to find out more, please send a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org