Closing date: Open Applications
IGCSE Chemistry Teacher
Wellington College Hangzhou
• To have high expectations of all pupils based on relevant data.
• To teach using a variety of delivery methods that will stimulate learning, meeting the demands of the curriculum and through scaffolding and objectives ensure that the needs of all pupils are met.
• To maintain discipline in accordance with the college’s policies and encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, and standards of work.
• To assess pupils’ work in line with school policies and procedures referring to pupil performance targets.
• To contribute to the development and implementation of the subject’s strategic action plan.
• To attend and contribute to all staff and subject meetings.
• To use data, both externally and internally produced, to assess pupil performance and to develop appropriate courses of action.
• To review methods of learning and teaching on a regular basis.
• If asked, to be a form tutor to an assigned group of pupils.
• To register students and notify the designated safeguarding lead immediately about any concerns relating to a pupil.
• To participate in the college’s professional learning program and continue personal development in the relevant areas especially subject knowledge and teaching methods.
• To attend all Curriculum, Parent Teacher Conferences, and other such academic or pastoral events.
• To ensure effective monitoring and communication with parents regarding academic progress both in line with school reporting procedures and in response to specific concerns as they arise.
• To undertake duties as detailed in the staff Duty Rota.
• To comply with the current policies and procedures of the College.
• To display the Wellington Values at all times, either in school or in the wider community.
• To assess, record, and report on the attainment, attendance, and progress of pupils keeping such records as are required.
• To provide or contribute to oral and written assessments, reports, and references relating to individual or groups of pupils.
• To prepare and update subject materials, including schemes or work.
• To assist in the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work and teaching strategies.
• To plan and prepare sequences of lessons to show progress over time.
• To produce interim and annual reports for all pupils taught in line with the College’s Teaching and Learning Policy.
• To maintain excellent communication with parents.
• Mentoring a pupil, trainee teacher, or teaching assistant as appropriate.
• To engage actively with the College’s performance review surveys.