Closing date: 30 Apr 2023
EXTERNALLY ACCREDITED EXAMINATIONS
• Oversee all arrangements for all public examination entries e.g. (I)GCSE and AS and A2 examinations for pupils.
• Where applicable, organise the collection of registration and examination fees; organise, invoicing, and ensuring money collected is credited to the relevant account, in liaison with the Finance Department.
• Work with Heads of Departments to coordinate the preparation and submission of entries to examining bodies and submit entries in advance of deadlines.
• Ensuring the prompt dispatch of coursework to moderators by the examination board deadline.
• Making the necessary arrangements for conducting speaking examinations and submitting the recordings to examination boards.
• Ensure all examination papers and stationery are delivered safely to the school, being responsible for their strict security in accordance with regulations and ensuring completed papers are dispatched promptly and appropriately.
• Be responsible for arrangements for the conduct of existing and new examinations.
• Make appropriate timetabling and room arrangements for the above and ensure proper examination invigilation of the examinations is put in place in accordance with regulations.
• To liaise with the Operations Department to ensure that room(s) are available, and desks and chairs set out as required.
• Ensure that all examinations start and finish appropriately in line with examination board regulations including the conduct of any on-line examinations.
• Providing a central timetable to include dates, times, venues, and the number of candidates.
• Ensure that pupils are given all the necessary relevant information about examination entries, the dates and times of the examinations, conduct during examinations, and the collection of results and certificates and that this information is given in good time.
• Ensure that all necessary stationery and materials and other requirements are provided for examinations.
• Initiate appropriate correspondence with and respond appropriately to correspondence from the various examination boards the school deals with, including issues relating to appeals, remarking, and other administrative issues such as pupils who miss examinations through illness or who require special consideration.
• Resolving examination clashes in accordance with regulations.
• Receive examination results and certificates and making arrangements for their issue.
• Keep up to date with the necessary policies, procedures, rules and regulations laid down by the different examination bodies.
• Being present and available in school on the days when results are notified and overseeing the distribution of results to candidates.
• Organise appropriate arrangements for the support of candidates with special examination requirements (eg dyslexia, disabled) in conjunction with the Director of Pupil Support.
COMMUNICATION AND WORKING WITH OTHERS:
• Co-ordinate the team of invigilators, including recruitment, training, management, and deployment of invigilation staff.
• Disseminate appropriate information and answer enquiries regarding external examinations with staff, pupils (and former pupils) and parents.
• Post the document with important information about public exam onto the school's preferred communication platform.
• Encouraging a positive examination culture in the school to which all staff and pupils subscribe.
• Work in liaison with the Senior Leadership Team to provide information related to the public (and if required, internal) examinations in a format which is easily accessible so that effective examination analysis can take place immediately after results have been received and processed.
• Liaise with the Heads of Departments, Senior Management Team, and Head of Sixth Form to ensure appropriate timetabling and invigilation arrangements are in place for the school’s internal examinations (Mock exams for IGCSE, AS, and A-Level qualifications, and assessment weeks for Grades 7-9 and Years 7-10).
• Participate in appropriate CPD with the agreement of your Line Manager.
• Work closely with other exams officer to ensure consistency in communication, expectations, and information dissemination
• Meet with Line Manager regularly to provide updates
• Undertake any other reasonable related duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature, as may be determined by the post holder’s supervisor from time to time, in consultation with the post holder.