Field Trip/Outdoor Instructor
Beijing Field Studies
Do you love the great outdoors? Are you dedicated, enthusiastic, empathetic and currently living in Beijing? Would you like to have a genuinely positive impact on young people, spend some very pleasant and profitable days outdoors and engage in something really fulfilling with only a modest time commitment? If so, you should seriously think about joining our Beijing Field Studies team!
Beijing Field Studies helps students to reconnect with nature and learn about the environment through interactive, educational field trips. Since 2017, we have run successful field trips to a diverse range of natural spots in and around Beijing, including Fragrant Hills, Botanical Gardens, Olympic Forest Park, Huairou Mountains, and more. These field trips have inspired thousands of students through engaging activities with their environment, including bird watching, nature bingo, and building forest survival shelters.
“First of all, any chance I get to spend outdoors during the working day is brilliant – it’s a real opportunity to get stuck into running some really cool outdoor activities – and has proved to be a useful CV-builder too. Taking part in BFS trips is always one of the highlights of the month for me and working with the team here is awesome – incredibly flexible and supportive. At the end of the day, it’s great to see the students building that love and appreciation for nature and the environment around them – I enjoy being a part of that.”
- BFS instructor
Successful applicants will join a team of experienced instructors delivering field trips that empower and support young people to explore and reconnect with the environment around them. As part of the team, you will gain a deep understanding of outdoor and experiential education and will learn how to deliver successful activities to groups of students aged 4-14 in a range of environments.
• Running and participating in the activities during field trips
• Providing high-quality, enthusiastic and thoughtful support to students throughout the field trip.
• Creating and maintaining up-to-date documentation and availability for upcoming field trips.
• Attending meetings, trainings and social events
• 1000-1500 RMB per day field trip depending on experience and qualifications*
*although this rate is calculated from a competitive hourly rate, this will also include commitments outside contact hours, including record keeping, any outdoor training, occasional social events and any team meetings.
• Based in Beijing
• Bachelor’s degree or above
• Excellent level of English
• Experience teaching, tutoring, or coaching (any type of teaching/coaching/outdoor leadership certificate is a plus)
• Experience working with or caring for children and young people
• Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
If you would like to commit some of your time to engage in really rewarding and impactful field trips that develop students’ love for the great outdoors, or set up a conversation to find out more, please send a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org