Closing date: 15th May 2023
Teacher of DUCKS
We are currently seeking experienced and enthusiastic DUCKS Teachers (3-7 years old). You will serve as an integral part of the student journey to provide a provision that is conducive to good teaching and learning; the holistic development of all children, and high standards. To work collaboratively to provide creative and innovative learning opportunities for our community and to support the college’s guided statements and to use them to enhance our educational offer.
DCB has forged an excellent global reputation for being a warm and welcoming community, and a rewarding place to work. DCB students possess a thirst for learning and are highly motivated every day. We wish to attract inspirational, talented teachers who love teaching and want to make a difference with our students. Dulwich College Beijing is an exciting place to teach and learn. Winner of several international awards in the last few years, including the International School Award for Creativity in Learning in 2019, the College is dynamic, collaborative and has the highest goals and expectations for its staff and students. The environment is one of trust and respect, with ideas bubbling from all quarters.
DCB is located in Shunyi, around forty-five minutes from the heart of Beijing. The capital is a truly exhilarating place, with its cultural sites, ancient heritage and all the amenities associated with a large and vibrant city. From fascinating Hutongs to the many green spaces around the city, there is something for everyone.
At Dulwich College International, students come first. And because teachers play an extraordinary role in nurturing our students to become confident, curious and knowledgeable global citizens, we look to recruit the very best practitioners in international education who are passionate about unlocking the potential of our students.
Our teachers nurture and inspire their students today to make a positive difference in the world – living fully, living responsibly, and living sustainably. We empower our Teachers to Live Worldwise.
Our Vision For Teachers
• Put students first in all they do
• Display a positive attitude, adaptability and open-mindedness
• Show professional initiative and perseverance
• Are truly collaborative and display highly developed communication skills
• Are committed to internationalism and equity
• Are committed to sustainability and global citizenship
Worldwise teachers believe in:
• The right of every student to be safe, supported and nurtured
• Evidence-based and innovative pedagogy
• Personalised and differentiated student learning
• Setting high expectations for every student
• Empowering students to reach their own goals
• High levels of student motivation and engagement
Worldwise teacher's practice:
• Maximises every student’s opportunity learn
• Promotes student agency, reflection and a love of learning
• Delivers academic rigour and holistic learning
• Reveals the complex and inter-disciplinary nature of learning content
• Creates a supportive and dynamic learning environment
• Develops students’ higher-order thinking
Post-holder Qualifications, Experience
• At least two years post qualification experience
• Bachelor or above degree is required
• PGCE or QTS, Teaching License from non-UK countries are required
How to Apply
DCB is a well-resourced school with highly motivated and academically successful students.
Successful applicants will be enthusiastic about the ethos and values of Dulwich International.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the chosen candidate.
To apply for this position you will need to include: an application letter your CV details of three referees from your current and previous employer.
Applications should be submitted through our on-line application system at: https://www.dulwich.org/careers.
For further information please see our website at: https://www.dulwich.org/careers.
Interviews will take place as soon as applications are received, therefore early application is encouraged.
Dulwich College International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices, which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, successful references, as well as due visa and work permit process as required by Chinese law.