Closing date: N/A
University and Careers Counsellor
YK Pao School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References, background checks and criminal record checks will be required. Applicants will be required to fill in an application form for details of educational and professional background and history. Trained interviewers for safe recruitment will participate in the interviews. Reports from government agencies regarding police records and safeguarding records are required. Prospective applicants will undertake rigorous reference check. Open reference or open testimonies will not be accepted. All staff members are trained at least annually for safeguarding policy including identifying, reacting and reporting process. Applications are invited as soon as possible as we will be beginning online interviews shortly. We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified and dynamic university and careers counsellor to join our very strong team. You will be joining 3 other full-time counsellors who work to prepare our students to gain access to world leading universities in the US, UK and throughout the world.
Help develop the comprehensive University Counseling program for years 9-12. Guide students and parents through the university search and application process. Teach University Counseling workshops and network with Admissions Representatives to develop and maintain relationships with colleges. Meet individually with Year 11 and 12 students to guide them through all facets of the college search and application process. This includes developing a college list and testing plans, writing essays/ supplements, preparing students for interviews, and all related activities relevant to application in a variety of countries.
• Meet with families to help them understand the process and appropriate fit. Present at parent education programs.
• Help develop the university counseling curriculum and teach classes on a weekly basis.
• Utilize CIALFO to both keep students on track and to submit credentials to colleges and universities.
• Take on assigned responsibilities/projects for the University Counseling office.
• Network with admissions officers to build the reputation of YK Pao School including hosting visiting admissions officers and introducing them to the school. • Work with IB Coordinators and teachers to ensure completion of college requirements and recommendation letters on a timely basis.
1. Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree(s) preferred);
2. Expertise in and a passion for your counselling and a genuine interest in working with teenagers;
3. Excellent communication skills, the ability to take the initiative and the flexibility to deal with change;
4. Enthusiasm, energy, creativity and the willingness to take risks.
Preferred but not essential Requirements:
1. Experience of working in an International School or a multi-cultural setting;
2. Experience with second language learners;
3. Bi-lingual ability (English and Mandarin Chinese);
Attractive Remuneration Package:
1. Competitive salary
2. International insurance (except US)
3. Pension contribution
4. Housing allowance
5. Flight allowance
Contacts: Please send a letter of application and a CV which includes the contact details of two referees to HR Office:
firstname.lastname@example.org +86 21 61671999
For more information please visit: www.ykpaoschool.cn